Wednesday, January 12, 2011

First week of classes

On Thursday, 1-13-11, I will have my last class of the week. My schedule for classes is great because I will always have a three day weekend from school.

I love my classes. Facility design is going to be a lot of work, but fun at the same time. Learning how to use AutoCAD to design a kitchen will be interesting work. I am the only PhD student in the class, and there is one other grad student (she is working on her MBA) and the rest are undergrads. Some were even my students back when I was a TA in the John Purdue Room kitchen.

The other class, Strategic Marketing Management will also be a fun class, as it has lots of my bestest friends in it. The class is pretty much evenly split with 5 PhD students and 4 MS students.

Overall, it will be a fun and exciting semester. On a side note, my research is coming to a close on the cook-off events. I just need to finish the states that start with "W", of which I have already gathered the information I only need to enter it into the spreadsheet. Once that is complete, I will go back over the entire spreadsheet and ensure that I entered everything in a consistent manner. Once that is completed, I will then begin contacting the events where I need some additional information, such as estimated number of public attendance, etc.

I am also looking forward to the Certified BBQ Judging class I will be taking in February. It will give me a better understanding of cook-off competitions from the judges point of view, which will greatly enhance my final paper.

I will update more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment