Monday, May 2, 2016

Creating cocktails for an upcoming drag show at the Merou Grotto

Some of you may know that I helped to teach Bartending while I was at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. I have been fascinated by mixed drinks for quite a long time. Back in 1992, I took my first bar management call at what is now Pensacola State College (formerly Pensacola Junior College). Over the years I have taken drinks, adjusted them a little and made my own creations. This, basically, is the essence of creating new and exciting drinks and it even works in culinary. For example, my Red Bean Gumbo that is a hit at the Merou Grotto on our Cajun dinner, was an original recipe that was given to me by an excellent Chef and good friend of mine, Kevin Bordelon, surprisingly, at one point in the original recipe, I found I was missing a specific ingredient, so I substituted another, which fundamentally changed the recipe and made it mine or in Kevin's words "Awesome. Now it's your recipe! Nothing wrong with that".
There is an awesome drag event coming on May 28th called A Night in Wonderland 3: Bandersnatched!  With that in mind, I took several drink recipes that reminded me of the house cast drag queens, and created variations based on their general performance and style. 
I am very proud to present the following drinks that will be making their debut at the next drag event:
Alice's Under the Sea
Lala's Luscious Lemon Sparkle
Mahogany's Mahogany Shot
Jade's Emerald Champagne (non-alcoholic cause she is under 21)
Stella's Black Widow
Luna's Cheshire Cat

Jessica's Sophisticated Savage
Drink descriptions, prices, and pictures will be posted soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment