Sunday, March 28, 2010

Relaxing weekend and a spa day

I am lucky that I do not have class on Friday, so I get to enjoy a three day weekend. Not to mention that I get done with classes at noon on Thursday and do not have class again until 2:30pm on Monday, I can actually call that a four day weekend.

This weekend was very relaxing as most of the fraternity Brothers were in Rolla, MO for the Central Regional Conference. I did not go due to lack of travel funds, and two major reports that I needed to work on and locate some good literature to review. I did plan a trip down to Indianapolis on Saturday to have my hair dyed, and my BFF Bruce's mother Karen owns a spa in a town called New Palistine, which is outside Indianapolis.

It was either my Junior or Senior year in High School, back in either 1988 or 1989 that I decided to make a change to my life by coloring my hair. Unfortunately, I was extremely cheap back then, so I purchased Ms. Clarol brand color dye, and proceeded to dye my dark brown/black hair to Blond, and that was the type of product I purchased. Blond from dark brown/black, at least that is what I remember from the label back then. What I did not know at the time, and it was told to me later by my parents, was that my hair, which looked black, was actually a color called "Midnight Auburn". In other words, my hair appeared black, but if you looked at it just right under direct sunlight, you would be able to see the red tint that is so dark it looks black.

So their I was, following the directions on the package, wait specified amount of time and then prepare to be wowed by my new blond locks of hair.

Suffice to say, that after I washed the solution out of my hair, I was left with a very strange problem. My hair was not blond and was no where near any known shade of blond. My hair had turned bright ORANGE!!! I styled my hair as best I could and the end result had me looking like a deranged Ronald McDonald. I will have to scan the picture from my high school yearbook of me at a pep-rally with that color.

I was happy. I had been home alone when I was doing the coloring, so my family didn't know about it until they returned from where ever it was they had been. They hated it, called my stupid, and demanded that I go to a professional to get the color fixed. This made me even happier, cause I know that I had pissed them off and being the sweet innocent kid that I was, it gave me pride that I had done something bad.

That was not the first episode of me being bad, and it certainly was not the last. I am just enjoying the memory of this piece of my history, as I decided to try and go blond again. It has been over 20 years, my hair has a bit more gray in it now, but I decided that I was going to have a professional take care of my hair this time. So after 3 hours of dying and tinting my hair, during which time I was enjoying my time at the spa by having a nice manicure and relaxing. My hair is now a beautiful shade of Platinum Blond and I absolutely love it. I have received so many compliments from different people especially people I do not even know have some and said hello to me. It makes me feel good.

It was a perfect weekend and I am looking forward to a very exciting week as I get to show off my new hair style.

I want to thank Ms. Karen Robinson (Bruce's mom) for being such a great stylist and being able to bring out the best color I have ever seen. In addition, the manicure was fantastic. The last one I received had me bleeding and in pain for at least a week, due to an improperly clipped cuticle. I will definitely utilize your services for any further hair care needs that I might require.

No comments:

Post a Comment