Saturday, August 6, 2016

My review of the new Prime Burger at DT Kirby's in Lafayette, IN. #DTKirbys @dtkirbys

On Wednesday of this week, I was invited to have lunch at DT Kirby's with one of the Owners. He wanted me to try their new Prime Burger, the beef of which comes locally from the "Chicago Meat Dist", instead of some major food distributor. This burger consists of a (as described in the first picture) "1/2 LB USDA Prime Burger topped with smoked Gouda cheese, heirloom tomatoes, crisp romaine, fresh cut red onions and a steak aioli...as a bonus: 2 slices of short rib style bacon!"



As you can see, it is a very good looking burger and it had lots of great flavor to it as well. There was just enough of the aioli to add flavor but not overpower the sandwich. The amounts of lettuce, tomato, and onion also provided flavor enhancement to the burger. I loved the flavor of the short rib style bacon as well, so I placed my two slices on the burger to enhance the entire experience.

Overall, I would rate this as an awesome sandwich, definitely had to use several napkins while eating it, which is par for the course with just about all of the DT Kirby's food items. If I were in the mood for a burger, I would absolutely order this one again; however, my favorite item is still their Spicy Chicken sandwich, and I may have to go get one before I leave for Arizona next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment